Digital TV News: Alun Webber
Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
Jul 17, 2017 – Sky and Cisco have announced that the companies have extended their collaboration to include a multi-year digital security agreement to support the expansion of Sky video services across any screen.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Conrad Clemson, Alun Webber, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mobile, Satellite, UK
Sky and Cisco extend alliance in client and cloud software
Sep 11, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky will extend its collaboration with Cisco for set top box middleware. As part of the extended relationship, Sky will continue to utilize Cisco's security portfolio.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yvette Kanouff, Alun Webber, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2020, Ireland, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
NDS VideoGuard Connect™ Enables BSkyB to Take TV Service to iPhones and iPads
Aug 31, 2011 – NDS has announced that NDS VideoGuard Connect™ is helping enable BSkyB (LSE:BSY) to deliver Sky Go to iOS devices. Sky Go provides flexible access to Sky content across multiple devices.
News categories: NDS Group, BSkyB, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2020, Ireland, Satellite, Tablet, UK
NDS Set-Top Box Software Powers BSkyB's Sky+HD STB & Anytime+ VOD Service
Jul 12, 2011 – NDS has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has deployed a customised implementation of NDS' advanced set-top box software for its Sky+HD boxes.
News categories: NDS Group, BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs