Digital TV News: American Tower
Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Oct 28, 2020 – Broadcasters participating in the Phoenix Model Market launch of next-generation TV have announced the addition of an SFN, a move that will enhance reception for viewers and broaden the reach of broadcasters transmitting to NEXTGEN TV sets.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, David Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
Jul 29, 2020 – Public Media Group (PMG) has formed an alliance with American Tower to create a turnkey ATSC 3.0 SFN solution for TV stations. Both companies will build out the networks, while PMG will own, operate and manage the infrastructure.
News categories: Public Media Group, American Tower, Joe Chinnici, Steve Vondran, Rick Ducey, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
Jan 17, 2018 – Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI), Nexstar (Nasdaq: NXST) and Univision have reached an agreement with American Tower (NYSE: AMT) to jointly construct and operate Single Frequency Network (SFN) sites to broadcast ATSC 3.0 signals in the Dallas area.
News categories: Sinclair, American Tower, Univision, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Steven Marshall, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland