Digital TV News: Andreas Mueller-Schubert
Tech Mahindra to provide Video Encoder Conformance Testing Services for Microsoft Mediaroom TV Software Platform
Jul 7, 2011 – Tech Mahindra (NSE:TECHM) has been selected by Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) to setup an authorized Encoder Conformance Testing Lab (ECT Lab) for video encoders used in deployment of IPTV solutions on Microsoft Mediaroom based platforms.
News categories: Tech Mahindra, Microsoft, L. Ravichandran, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware
AT&T Extends TV Watching to More Devices With Launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360
Oct 11, 2010 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) have announced the launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360 for U-verse customers, which lets users enjoy the U-verse TV experience on their existing Xbox 360 device, replacing the need for an extra receiver in the home.
News categories: AT&T, Microsoft, David Christopher, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, USA
TELUS launches Microsoft Mediaroom in Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary
Feb 2, 2010 – TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) has announced the availability of a new TELUS TV service, powered by Microsoft Mediaroom and available exclusively from TELUS in Canada, which offers a better television viewing experience for TELUS TV customers.
News categories: Microsoft, TELUS, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
SureWest to launch new TV service with Microsoft Mediaroom
Jul 28, 2009 – SureWest Communications (Nasdaq: SURW) has announced that it will deploy the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV software platform to deliver an advanced TV service over its existing IP-based FTTH and copper networks in the greater Sacramento, CA region.
News categories: Microsoft, SureWest, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Steve Oldham, Bill DeMuth, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom First to Bring Virtualization to IPTV
May 27, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom with virtualization, making Mediaroom the first IPTV platform to offer virtualization support. Virtualization can deliver up to a sixfold reduction in the number of physical servers required.
News categories: Microsoft, Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Royce Aslakson, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs