Digital TV News: Andrew Olson
Disruptel gets seed funding for content-driven voice assistant
Mar 12, 2021 – Disruptel has completed a $1.15 million seed funding round. The company's Context product, allows users to ask questions about the content on their Connected TVs through their remote control and receive immediate answers.
News categories: Disruptel, Alex Quinn, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Sky Q devices to use AirTies Mesh technology
Jan 26, 2016 – AirTies has announced that its Mesh technology has been chosen by Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment company, to enable the Sky Q, its next-generation home entertainment system, which will be available in early 2016.
News categories: AirTies, Sky, Philippe Alcaras, Andrew Olson, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky Q to use Cisco security, software and services
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky is using Cisco video software solutions to power its Sky Q home entertainment system. Sky is using Cisco's VideoGuard Everywhere security and Cisco is also providing headend components and set-top box middleware.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Olson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
MaxLinear satellite receiver and channel stacking ICs in Sky Q STB
Jan 5, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it is shipping its MxL5x2 Full-Spectrum Capture satellite front-end receiver in the new Sky Q set-top box, announced by Sky. Sky Q is Sky’s next-generation home entertainment service, available in early 2016.
News categories: MaxLinear, Sky, Will Torgerson, Andrew Olson, Digital TV, Ireland, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th