Digital TV News: Anil Khera
Videocon d2h selects MStar HEVC SoC for HD zapper
Jan 8, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it will provide its high efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) to Videocon d2h. The chip will be utilized in Videocon d2h’s HD set-top-boxes (STBs).
News categories: MStar Semi, Videocon d2h, Wayne Liang, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
Jul 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Videocon d2h has selected Broadcom's satellite set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to power their latest high definition USB digital video recorder (DVR)
News categories: Broadcom, Videocon d2h, Daniel Simmons, Anil Khera, Rajiv Kapur, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Semiconductor
Videocon d2h first to preview 4K Ultra HD DTH in India
Jul 3, 2014 – Videocon d2h has announced a preview of 4K Ultra HD DTH services. The company will be the first Indian DTH company to provide these services. The 4K Ultra HD DTH services will be available commercially very soon.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite
MStar Semi for Videocon d2h HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box
Apr 21, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced the mass production of an HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box with Videocon d2h, the fastest growing DTH service provider in India.
News categories: MStar Semi, Videocon d2h, Wayne Liang, Anil Khera, Digital TV, DVB-S2, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
VIDEOCON d2h connections reach 10 million in India
Jan 28, 2014 – Videocon d2h has announced that it now has more than 10 million connections. Videocon d2h credits this growth to the wide range of channels and services, high definition and a focus on customer service.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon Doubles Subscriber Base in 8 Months Using Irdeto
Sep 1, 2011 – Just eight months after securing its first two million customers, Videocon d2h (Bombay:511389), a provider of DTH services for India, has reached four million subscribers. Videocon d2h implemented and launched their services using Irdeto's (JSE:NPN) pay-TV solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Videocon d2h, Conditional Access, India, Satellite, Subscribers
India's Videocon d2h crosses 3 million subscriber mark
Apr 19, 2011 – Videocon d2h, the direct-to-home (DTH) company promoted by Videocon Group, has crossed the three million subscriber mark.
News categories: d2h, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Videocon d2h presents India's first HD DVR with 3D
Mar 16, 2011 – Videocon d2h has announced the launch of India's first High Definition - Digital Video Recorder with 3D. Now its customers will be able to enjoy 3D content and experience a new world of Digital Entertainment.
News categories: d2h, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, VR
Irdeto Delivers End-to-End DVB SmartStart Solution To Videocon's D2H+
Sep 12, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that it has signed an agreement to provide its end-to-end DVB SmartStart solution for the DTH operations of Videocon (Mumbai: 511389) media arm, Bharat Business Channel, under the brand name "D2H+".
News categories: Irdeto, Videocon, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, India, Middleware, Satellite
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online