Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku introduces upgraded Roku 3 and Roku 2 streaming players
Apr 6, 2015 – Roku has announced 'Roku Feed', a feature that allows consumers to follow entertainment and get automatic updates on pricing and availability. Roku has also introduced its Roku 3 streaming player with voice search and a faster Roku 2 player.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Roku announces Roku TV 4K plans
Jan 5, 2015 – Roku has announced its plans to support 4K Ultra HD streaming. The company has prepared a Roku TV reference design for 4K smart TVs for license to TV OEM partners. TCL is an initial partner to build 4K models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Netflix, Anthony Wood, Chris Larson, Neil Hunt, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku reaches 10 million players sold in U.S.
Sep 16, 2014 – Roku has announced that is has sold 10 million Roku streaming players in the United States. Since the company’s May 2008 unveiling of the very first device to stream Netflix to the TV, the popularity of streaming players has grown rapidly.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku introduces Roku TV
Jan 6, 2014 – Roku has announced Roku TV, a Smart TV reference design and software stack that the company plans to license to manufacturers to build and distribute Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
More US households use Roku than Apple TV or other streaming video media device
Aug 14, 2013 – Parks Associates has announced streaming media and connected TV research showing the number of U.S. broadband households with a streaming video media device, such as a Roku® or an Apple TV, has doubled since 2011, reaching 14% in 2013.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku receives $60 Million investment
May 29, 2013 – Roku has announced that it has received a $60 million investment. The investment will fuel Roku's growth. Best known for its lineup of popular streaming players, the company is extending its streaming platform by working with other consumer electronics brands.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
Roku releases Roku 3 player in U.S.
Mar 6, 2013 – The fastest, most powerful Roku streaming player to date, Roku 3 delivers useful innovation - including a faster processor and an enhanced remote with a headphone jack for private listening - and marks the introduction of Roku's new user interface.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TWC TV Launching on Roku
Jan 7, 2013 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) and Roku® have announced that they have entered into an agreement to bring TWC TV™ to Roku streaming devices in the U.S. TWC TV is a service available to subscribers of Time Warner Cable video service and is expected to launch on Roku this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente