Digital TV News: Apple TV
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
TIGO deploys TiVo IPTV platform across Latin America
Oct 6, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has deployed its IPTV platform at TIGO in Latin America. TIGO ONEtv subscribers will now be able to find, watch and enjoy content via TiVo's user interface, across all their devices.
News categories: Xperi, TIGO, Matt Milne, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, UX
Showmax and Netflix lead Sub-Saharan Africa's SVOD market
Sep 28, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Showmax and Netflix are the dominant players in the African SVOD market with subscriber shares of 31.6% and 29.7% respectively. Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video have struggled to get a foothold.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
Sep 22, 2021 – Digital TV Research has forecast that there will be 47 million SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe by 2026, more than double the 22 million seen at end-2021. Russia will then have 20 million SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
Sep 13, 2021 – The newly enhanced Popcornflix app, launched by Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE), is now running on a streaming and integrated advertising platform built and powered by SeaChange International (NASDAQ:SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Crackle, Bob Pons, Karan Singh, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
fuboTV available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is now available on the VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) SmartCast platform. With fuboTV, SmartCast users can enjoy more than 100 channels streaming live sporting events plus news and entertainment content.
News categories: VIZIO, fuboTV, Katherine Pond, Len Landi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil