Digital TV News: Arab Advisors
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
IPTV still in a nascent state in the Arab World
Feb 25, 2010 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, eight service providers in seven countries in the Arab World offered commercial IPTV services in January 2010, up from four service providers in three countries offering IPTV in August 2007.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV remains in a nascent state in the Arab World
Jun 8, 2009 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, seven service providers in six countries in the Arab World were offering commercial IPTV services as of May 2009. FTA channels and piracy remain the main obstacles facing IPTV uptake in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Fibre, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
98.9% of television viewers in Bahrain own a satellite TV dish
Oct 19, 2008 – Arab Advisors' new survey in Bahrain, revealed that FTA Sat TV is quite popular while sports content is a main driver for Pay TV subscriptions. The survey revealed that 95.5% of people over 15 years in Bahrain watch TV.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
The status of IPTV in the Arab World
Sep 20, 2007 – Despite the advantages that IPTV provides, only four operators in three countries in the Arab World region offer commercial IPTV services.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Broadband, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
- Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
- Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
- New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads