Digital TV News: Arab Advisors
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
IPTV still in a nascent state in the Arab World
Feb 25, 2010 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, eight service providers in seven countries in the Arab World offered commercial IPTV services in January 2010, up from four service providers in three countries offering IPTV in August 2007.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV remains in a nascent state in the Arab World
Jun 8, 2009 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, seven service providers in six countries in the Arab World were offering commercial IPTV services as of May 2009. FTA channels and piracy remain the main obstacles facing IPTV uptake in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Fibre, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
98.9% of television viewers in Bahrain own a satellite TV dish
Oct 19, 2008 – Arab Advisors' new survey in Bahrain, revealed that FTA Sat TV is quite popular while sports content is a main driver for Pay TV subscriptions. The survey revealed that 95.5% of people over 15 years in Bahrain watch TV.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
The status of IPTV in the Arab World
Sep 20, 2007 – Despite the advantages that IPTV provides, only four operators in three countries in the Arab World region offer commercial IPTV services.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Broadband, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage