Digital TV News: Arab Advisors
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
IPTV still in a nascent state in the Arab World
Feb 25, 2010 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, eight service providers in seven countries in the Arab World offered commercial IPTV services in January 2010, up from four service providers in three countries offering IPTV in August 2007.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV remains in a nascent state in the Arab World
Jun 8, 2009 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, seven service providers in six countries in the Arab World were offering commercial IPTV services as of May 2009. FTA channels and piracy remain the main obstacles facing IPTV uptake in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Fibre, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
98.9% of television viewers in Bahrain own a satellite TV dish
Oct 19, 2008 – Arab Advisors' new survey in Bahrain, revealed that FTA Sat TV is quite popular while sports content is a main driver for Pay TV subscriptions. The survey revealed that 95.5% of people over 15 years in Bahrain watch TV.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
The status of IPTV in the Arab World
Sep 20, 2007 – Despite the advantages that IPTV provides, only four operators in three countries in the Arab World region offer commercial IPTV services.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Broadband, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019