Digital TV News: Arab Advisors Group
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
IPTV still in a nascent state in the Arab World
Feb 25, 2010 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, eight service providers in seven countries in the Arab World offered commercial IPTV services in January 2010, up from four service providers in three countries offering IPTV in August 2007.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV remains in a nascent state in the Arab World
Jun 8, 2009 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, seven service providers in six countries in the Arab World were offering commercial IPTV services as of May 2009. FTA channels and piracy remain the main obstacles facing IPTV uptake in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Fibre, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
98.9% of television viewers in Bahrain own a satellite TV dish
Oct 19, 2008 – Arab Advisors' new survey in Bahrain, revealed that FTA Sat TV is quite popular while sports content is a main driver for Pay TV subscriptions. The survey revealed that 95.5% of people over 15 years in Bahrain watch TV.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
The status of IPTV in the Arab World
Sep 20, 2007 – Despite the advantages that IPTV provides, only four operators in three countries in the Arab World region offer commercial IPTV services.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Broadband, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results