Digital TV News: Arabsat
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+'s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Arabsat and Sudanese Radio & TV to operate DTH platform from Khartoum
Jul 7, 2009 – The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) and the Sudanese Radio & TV corporation have signed an agreement to launch and operate a DTH platform in Khartoum. The platform is to be ready for operation by the end of this year.
News categories: Arabsat, Sudanese Radio & TV Corp, Content Distribution, Satellite, Sudan
Launch Of The Package 'Le Bouquet De Canal+' In Morocco
Apr 21, 2009 – CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch in Morocco of LE BOUQUET DE CANAL+, the number one French language satellite package in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, ARABSAT, Digital TV, Morocco, Satellite
Canal+ launches satellite bouquet for the Maghreb
Jan 21, 2009 – The Canal+ Group (Paris: VIV), through its subsidiary CANAL OVERSEAS, has announced the launch of a bouquet of French language satellite channels covering Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Arabsat, Algeria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Morocco, Satellite, Tunisia
Nagravision Secures Commercial DVB-H Services for Alsumaria TV
Sep 12, 2008 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced that Alsumaria TV, the Iraqi Satellite Network, has selected Nagravision's conditonal access system (CAS) for its DVB-H services.
News categories: Nagravision, Alsumaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iraq, Mobile
ARABSAT and LUXE.tv Launch First HDTV Channel in MENA
Mar 8, 2007 – ARABSAT has announced the official launch of “”LUXE.tv HD””, the very first High Definition TV channel to be broadcasted over the Middle-East & North-Africa region.” More …
News categories: Africa, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil