Digital TV News: Arqiva
BBC R&D announces Ultra-High Definition trials
Jun 5, 2014 – BBC R&D has announced that it will work with Arqiva, major consumer electronics vendors and technology providers to explore the delivery of live Ultra-High Definition (UHD) content over broadcast and broadband networks.
News categories: BBC, Arqiva, Matthew Postgate, Steve Holebrook, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, OTT, Terrestrial, UK
End of analogue TV era as switchover completes in the UK
Oct 24, 2012 – The UK has ended analogue broadcasting with the completion of digital television switchover. Switchover has boosted digital terrestrial TV coverage for 10 million viewers in reception blackspots and cleared airwaves for new uses.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
YouView set-top boxes now available in the UK
Jul 25, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, will be available in stores across the country from July 26, 2012.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
YouView unveiled and retail debut confirmed
Jul 4, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, has launched and will be available in major retailers by the end of July.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Arqiva to build digital infrastructure in Gibraltar
May 10, 2012 – Arqiva has won a 'design and build' contract from the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) to provide a digital broadcasting network in Gibraltar. The network will comprise multiplexing and transmission for both digital TV and DAB digital radio.
News categories: Arqiva, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Content Distribution, Gibraltar, Terrestrial
UK's TalkTalk to build new network to deliver digital on-demand TV
Oct 20, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with TalkTalk (LSE:TALK), the biggest provider of broadband to Britain's homes, to build a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TalkTalk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Ocean Blue planning YouView software solution
Oct 19, 2010 – Ocean Blue is working with an Asian set top box manufacturer to develop a full solution for YouView -- the soon-to-be-launched video platform backed by the BBC, ITV, Channel Four, Five, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva -- to be released early 2011.
News categories: Ocean Blue, YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
No Ofcom investigation into Project Canvas
Oct 19, 2010 – Ofcom has announced that it will not open an investigation into 'Project Canvas' under the Competition Act following complaints made by Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) and IPVision.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan