Digital TV News: Arqiva
UK's YouView plans expansion
Jul 22, 2014 – YouView has announced the completion of an agreement which guarantees five years of funding by all of its seven shareholders. YouView has passed over 1 million connected UK homes in less than 18 months since its marketing launch.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BBC R&D announces Ultra-High Definition trials
Jun 5, 2014 – BBC R&D has announced that it will work with Arqiva, major consumer electronics vendors and technology providers to explore the delivery of live Ultra-High Definition (UHD) content over broadcast and broadband networks.
News categories: BBC, Arqiva, Matthew Postgate, Steve Holebrook, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, OTT, Terrestrial, UK
End of analogue TV era as switchover completes in the UK
Oct 24, 2012 – The UK has ended analogue broadcasting with the completion of digital television switchover. Switchover has boosted digital terrestrial TV coverage for 10 million viewers in reception blackspots and cleared airwaves for new uses.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
YouView set-top boxes now available in the UK
Jul 25, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, will be available in stores across the country from July 26, 2012.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
YouView unveiled and retail debut confirmed
Jul 4, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, has launched and will be available in major retailers by the end of July.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Arqiva to build digital infrastructure in Gibraltar
May 10, 2012 – Arqiva has won a 'design and build' contract from the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) to provide a digital broadcasting network in Gibraltar. The network will comprise multiplexing and transmission for both digital TV and DAB digital radio.
News categories: Arqiva, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Content Distribution, Gibraltar, Terrestrial
UK's TalkTalk to build new network to deliver digital on-demand TV
Oct 20, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with TalkTalk (LSE:TALK), the biggest provider of broadband to Britain's homes, to build a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TalkTalk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Ocean Blue planning YouView software solution
Oct 19, 2010 – Ocean Blue is working with an Asian set top box manufacturer to develop a full solution for YouView -- the soon-to-be-launched video platform backed by the BBC, ITV, Channel Four, Five, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva -- to be released early 2011.
News categories: Ocean Blue, YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
No Ofcom investigation into Project Canvas
Oct 19, 2010 – Ofcom has announced that it will not open an investigation into 'Project Canvas' under the Competition Act following complaints made by Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) and IPVision.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy