Digital TV News: AsiaSat
FTA UltraHD TV channel to debut on AsiaSat 4
Oct 10, 2015 – AsiaSat and Rohde & Schwarz have partnered to advance next-generation Ultra HD (UHD) TV technologies by implementing the first free to air (FTA) UHD channel on AsiaSat 4. The UHD channel will launch at 122°E this month.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, AsiaSat, Heino Gregorek, Sabrina Cubbon, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat announces UHD broadcast initiative in Asia
Jun 2, 2015 – AsiaSat has announced a plan to deploy Asia’s first dedicated Ultra HD (UHD) broadcast platform. Initially using a C-band transponder on AsiaSat 4 at 122°E, the UHD platform, based on DVB-S2 and HEVC, will be able to deliver 2-5 full time UHD channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, William Wade, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 8 launch set for 5th of August
Aug 1, 2014 – AsiaSat 8 is scheduled for launch on 5 August from Cape Canaveral. The satellite has 24 Ku-band transponders and a Ka-band payload. The additional capacity will help meet the growing demand for satellite services, including DTH television, in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: AsiaSat, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
Apr 22, 2014 – AsiaSat and Digital Media Asia have announced the launch of VIVA+, a prepaid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite service on AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E serving the fast-growing Indonesian pay DTH market.
News categories: AsiaSat, Digital Media Asia, David Khim, William Wade, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
AsiaSat Launches New DVB-S2 C-band Distribution Platform
Apr 4, 2011 – AsiaSat (Hong Kong: 1135) is expanding its broadcasting services to offer a new C-band DVB-S2 MCPC (Multiple Channels per Carrier) distribution platform with wide coverage over the Asian and Australasian regions.
News categories: AsiaSat, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Oceania, Satellite
Dish TV India Uses AsiaSat 5 to Expand DTH Offerings
Feb 10, 2011 – AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) has announced that Dish TV India (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839) will be utilising four 54 MHz Ku-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 to enhance its HD and SD Direct-to-Home (DTH) offerings in India.
News categories: AsiaSat, Dish TV India, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
EchoStar Launches High Definition Satellite TV Service in Taiwan
Jun 21, 2010 – EchoStar International (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of DishHD™, a premier pay-TV service in Taiwan. DishHD is a new satellite TV service that provides HD video channels in Taiwan via a small satellite antenna and a digital set-top box.
News categories: EchoStar, DishHD, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan
VTC Chooses AsiaSat 5 for New DTH Service in Vietnam
Dec 30, 2009 – AsiaSat and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (VTC) have announced the signing of a lease agreement for the use of multiple Ku-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 for a new premium Direct-to-Home (DTH) service in Vietnam.
News categories: VTC, AsiaSat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
EchoStar and AsiaSat Form DTH Joint Venture
Jun 1, 2009 – EchoStar [NASDAQ: SATS] and Asia Satellite Telecommunications (AsiaSat) [HKSE: 1135] have announced the formation of a joint venture for the delivery of a direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service to Taiwan and other targeted regions in Asia.
News categories: EchoStar, AsiaSat, Digital TV, Satellite, Taiwan
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy