Digital TV News: Atheros
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Mar 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended February 2, 2013. Net revenue for fiscal year 2013 was $216.6 million, an increase of $34.0 million, or 18.6%, from $182.6 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Launches New EasyTV™ Dongle With Wireless Display at CES
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they will be launching its EasyTV Dongle reference design at CES. EasyTV enables users to access multimedia on their cellphone, tablet or laptop and share it on a large screen or projector.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES2022, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Qualcomm Atheros Announces Skifta Engine for Networking Device Manufacturers
Jun 5, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced the launch of its Skifta™ Engine application, offering OEMs software that can either be preloaded or added on to devices for media shifting to and from DLNA and UPnP devices inside and outside the home.
News categories: Atheros, Apps, Gaming, Media Player, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming
Sigma Designs Launches Feature-Rich SoC for Mainstream Media Players
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its SMP8674 media processor. The SMP8674 can be configured to address multiple markets including hybrid IPTV Set-Top Boxes, OTT streaming players and WiDi and Wi-Fi display receivers.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Qualcomm Atheros Launches TDMA Software and EoC Return-Path Chipset for Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced optimized time division multiple access (TDMA) software for Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) applications and Qualcomm Atheros' first entry-level EoC solution, the QCA6411 chipset, for Chinese MSOs.
News categories: Atheros, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Gateway, ICs, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2012 Results
Mar 7, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 28, 2012. Net revenue for the quarter was $35.6 million, down 10% from the previous quarter, and down 50% from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and Qualcomm Atheros to Demonstrate Development Platform for Wi-Fi Display at CES 2012
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a joint Wi-Fi Display/DLNA IPTV reference design with Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM). The design enables connected media players to receive video wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Display™ standard.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Atheros, CES2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ViXS Systems Collaborates with Qualcomm Atheros to Develop Home Network Media Gateways
Jan 10, 2012 – ViXS is collaborating with Qualcomm Atheros (Nasdaq: QCOM) to deliver an n-Screen Home Multimedia Gateway platform that can distribute multiple HD quality streams across mobile and fixed screen devices on any of the widely used home networks.
News categories: Atheros, ViXS Systems, CES2022, Home Server, Semiconductor, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil