Digital TV News: Audi
Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
Nov 28, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it has powered contribution for NT, a telecommunications operator in Thailand, at numerous sports events throughout Asia and beyond over the last two years.
News categories: Ateme, NT, Duc Long Nguyen, Weeradej Seangudomchai, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Thailand
Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
Nov 23, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that Bouygues Telecom has deployed its nanoCDN multicast ABR technology. Offered on Bouygues Telecom's Bbox Smart TV, multicast ABR will be available by early 2024.
News categories: Broadpeak, Bouygues Telecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
Nov 22, 2023 – Utomik has agreed a partnership with VIDAA that will see Utomik being available as a cloud gaming solution in the VIDAA SmartTV OS app store, and Utomik becoming a premium partner in 2024.
News categories: Utomik, VIDAA, Doki Tops, Yaniv Gruenwald, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
Nov 21, 2023 – KC Global Media has announced the launch of KCM, its first FAST channel in HD for Asia. Starting with India, the channel will be available on free streaming platforms JioTV and JioTV+.
News categories: KC Global Media, Jio, Andy Kaplan, George Chien, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
Nov 21, 2023 – Telstra Broadcast Services (TBS) and BT have entered into an alliance to bring together each company's global media network teams, pooling their network infrastructure and localised expertise.
News categories: Telstra, BT Group, Karen Clark, Faisal Mahomed, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Worldwide
Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
Nov 20, 2023 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has selected the ATSC 3.0 physical layer as one of two technologies to advance from Phase 3 lab testing to Phase 3 field testing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC
Nov 21, 2023 – MainConcept has announced the latest version of its real-time encoding application for OTT and TV broadcasting workflows. It comes with two additions: support for VVC/H.266 and MPEG-5 LCEVC.
News categories: MainConcept, Thorsten Schumann, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Around €21bn invested in European original content in 2022
Nov 21, 2023 – A report from the European Audiovisual Observatory has found that close to €21 billion was invested by broadcasters and streamers in European original content in 2022.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Runn TV launches FAST-based streaming platform from India
Nov 5, 2023 – Runn Media Labs has launched Runn TV, the first Indian FAST-based content streaming platform designed to provide a TV viewing experience for Indian audiences.
News categories: Runn Media Labs, Manish Sinha, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024