Digital TV News: BARB
Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
Dec 7, 2021 – Kantar has been selected by the Azerbaijani TV industry to supply technology for a TV audience measurement currency in the country. Kantar will also support MARSA in the implementation of a nationally representative panel of households.
News categories: Kantar, Keld Nielsen, Suriyya Alizade, Advertising, Azerbaijan, Big Data, Digital TV
BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
Nov 30, 2021 – BARB has upgraded its audience reporting with the introduction of SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement. BARB is now able to measure the reach and total time spent viewing SVOD services through data collected from router meters installed in BARB panel homes.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Grupo Werthein takes ownership of Vrio
Nov 15, 2021 – With the completion of acquisition closing procedures, Grupo Werthein has taken ownership of 100% of the equity of Vrio. Vrio offers live content and OnDemand services through DIRECTV Latin America, SKY Brazil and DIRECTV GO.
News categories: Grupo Werthein, Vrio, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
DIRECTV Latin America deploys Irdeto App Watch
Nov 3, 2021 – Irdeto App Watch will help DIRECTV Latin America retain control over the open app store environment, providing tools to combat content piracy and protect customers from malicious applications and potential cyberattacks.
News categories: Irdeto, DIRECTV Latin America, Shane McCarthy, Carlos Pontual, Android TV, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America
66% of UK households have an SVOD subscription
Aug 26, 2021 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q2 2021. The survey reveals that the number of UK households with a subscription to any SVOD service is now 18.8 million homes, up from 17.4 million in Q3 2020.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
BARB reach and viewing time data now includes smartphones
Aug 6, 2021 – Since January 2020, BARB has reported unduplicated reach and time spent viewing across three screens: TV sets, tablets and PCs. BARB has now launched four-screen viewing with the inclusion of smartphones.
News categories: BARB, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smartphone, UK
Brits spend a third of waking hours watching TV and video
Aug 5, 2021 – UK adults sought solace in screens and streaming in 2020, spending a third of their waking hours watching TV and online video content, according to Ofcom’s annual study of the nation’s media habits.
News categories: Ofcom, Yih-Choung Teh, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV