Digital TV News: BBC Trust
Number of homes with Freesat remains steady at 1.93 million
May 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has reported a solid start to 2016. The number of homes connected to Freesat by both satellite and broadband is up by 54% year-on-year.
News categories: Freesat, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
BBC Trust approves Project Canvas
Jun 25, 2010 – The BBC Trust has approved the BBC's involvement in Project Canvas, subject to a number of conditions. Completed elements of the Canvas core technical specification are to be published within 20 working days from the final approval.
News categories: BBC, Content Distribution, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, UK
BT Vision adds 15k installations in last three months of 2009
Feb 11, 2010 – BT Group plc (BT.L) has announced results for the quarter to 31 December 2009. The BT Vision customer base grew to 451,000 at 31 December 2009, an increase of 15 thousand in the quarter and 75 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
BBC Trust gives provisional approval to Project Canvas
Dec 22, 2009 – The BBC Trust has given its provisional approval to the BBC's involvement in Project Canvas, saying that the likely public value of the proposal justifies any potential negative market impact.
News categories: Project Canvas, BBC Trust, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
BBC Trust publishes additional information on Project Canvas
Jul 24, 2009 – The BBC Trust, following the first period of public consultation, has asked the BBC Executive to provide more information on the proposals. The Trust has published the Executive's response and the timetable for the remainder of the process.
News categories: BBC Trust, Project Canvas, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
BBC Trust launches public consultation on proposal for internet protocol television
Feb 26, 2009 – The BBC Trust has launched a public consultation on the BBC's proposal (Project Canvas) to develop a partnership to help enable the delivery of internet protocol TV. The proposal would allow viewers to watch on-demand services via TV sets.
News categories: BBC Trust, Project Canvas, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
BBC, ITV and BT to bring broadband to the TV
Dec 11, 2008 – The BBC, ITV and BT are joining together to work as partners to promote a common industry approach and consumer offer to deliver on-demand TV over broadband.
News categories: BBC, ITV, BT, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
BBC Trust publishes interim statement on HD services on DTT
Apr 3, 2008 – The BBC Trust and Ofcom have today outlined how they plan to work together on the process of upgrading the digital terrestrial television platform to allow high definition (HD) services.
News categories: BBC Trust, Ofcom, Terrestrial, UK
High-definition services to be available free-to-air on UK DTT
Apr 3, 2008 – Viewers across the UK will have the opportunity to access more TV channels, including programmes broadcast in high-definition (HD), as a result of a major technology upgrade of digital terrestrial television (DTT) to be facilitated by Ofcom.
News categories: Ofcom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, UK
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media