Digital TV News: BMW
Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
Nov 22, 2022 – Garmin was lauded for its contribution to the Theatre Screen, a back-seat movie lounge experience for the BMW 7 Series. Garmin's computing module manages all the software and customer interfaces to enable the experience.
News categories: Garmin, BMW, Matt Munn, Joachim Post, Digital TV, In-Car, UX
BMW and AirConsole to bring casual gaming to vehicles in 2023
Oct 11, 2022 – AirConsole and the BMW Group will bring casual gaming into new BMW vehicles, starting next year. The AirConsole technology enables games to be instantly delivered over-the-air and to control them using smartphones.
News categories: AirConsole, BMW, Anthony Cliquot, Stephan Durac, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon Fire TV device sales exceed 150 million
Feb 3, 2022 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2021. The company has now sold more than 150 million Fire TV devices worldwide since launching the device in 2014.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, In-Car, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
BMW Theatre Screen brings cinematic experience to the vehicle
Jan 5, 2022 – BMW's My Mode Theatre transforms the rear of the vehicle interior into a private cinema lounge with surround sound and 5G connectivity thanks to the BMW Theatre Screen, a 31-inch ultra-wide display with a resolution of up to 8K.
News categories: BMW, Frank Weber, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, Worldwide
Xperi announces second quarter 2021 results
Aug 3, 2021 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. During the quarter Xperi signed a license agreement with Hotwire Communications for the TiVo IPTV platform.
News categories: Xperi, Hotwire Communications, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, Patent, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management