Digital TV News: BT TV
Amazon Prime Video now available on BT TV set top boxes
Jun 21, 2018 – BT has announced that it has become the first major UK pay-TV provider to offer Amazon Prime Video access via a set top box – giving customers the ability to access Prime Video’s TV and movie content at the push of a button.
News categories: BT TV, Prime Video, Tony Singh, Brett Ballbach, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
May 16, 2018 – BT TV has announced plans to include the Amazon Prime Video app as part of the service in addition to Netflix. Customers will also be able to access Now TV from 2019. BT will be the first major UK TV platform to offer Prime Video through its set-top boxes.
News categories: BT Group, Marc Allera, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
YouView reaches three million milestone
Feb 14, 2018 – YouView is powering more than three million set-top boxes and digital devices across the UK. The threshold was broken just seven months after the successful roll-out of YouView’s software upgrade across its entire set top box device base.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
BT to make UEFA Champions League final available in UHD and 360° VR
May 16, 2017 – BT has announced plans to make the UEFA Champions League final available in 4K UHD on YouTube and BT TV. The game will also be available through a number of 360° streams on YouTube and the new BT Sport Virtual Reality App.
News categories: BT, YouTube, John Petter, Stephen Nuttall, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Metaverse, Streaming, UK
BT adds 52,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
Jan 27, 2017 – BT Group (BT.L) has announced results for the third quarter and nine months to 31 December 2016. The company added 52,000 TV customers, taking its customer base to 1.7 million.
News categories: BT Group, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Next generation YouView for BT TV STBs in early 2017
Nov 11, 2016 – BT has announced plans to transform its BT TV service over the coming months, introducing a new, image-rich user experience with easy access to channels and on demand content, and a new BT TV App.
News categories: BT TV, YouView, Delia Bushell, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
Accenture Video Solution selected as OTT platform by BT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – BT TV has selected the Accenture Video Solution (AVS) platform to support its BT TV offerings. The Accenture platform supports both live streaming and VOD, delivering a high-quality user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Accenture, BT plc, Sef Tuma, Greg McCall, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, UK
Ofcom publishes UK Communications Market report 2016
Aug 4, 2016 – The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, has published its annual Communications Market report for 2016. More than half of UK adults (59%) used a video-on-demand (VoD) service during 2015 – up from 57% in 2014.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
BT doubles UK pay TV market share
Jul 14, 2016 – Research from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech has revealed strong gains for the major players in UK pay TV amid further turmoil for TalkTalk. BT, Sky and Virgin Media have all seen year-on-year customer growth, with BT’s share up by 7.8 percentage points on last year.
News categories: Kantar Worldpanel, Fiona Keenan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, UK
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes