Digital TV News: Barış Altınkaya
Vestel launches Football Corner app for Smart TVs
May 25, 2021 – Vestel has announced that the Football Corner app, designed with TeraVolt, is now available on all Vestel-manufactured Smart TVs, including those made for brands, such as Hitachi, JVC, Techwood and Telefunken.
News categories: Vestel, TeraVolt, Barış Altınkaya, Tobias Künkel, Tobias Fröhlich, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
Feb 23, 2021 – Vestel is set to bring Twitch to more Smart TVs across Europe. With the app, everyone will be able to browse Twitch channels and watch live streams on any Vestel-manufactured Smart TV produced from June 2018 onwards.
News categories: Vestel, Twitch, Barış Altınkaya, Sajjad Rehman, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
Samba TV begins Smart TV Privacy Manager rollout with Vestel
Feb 10, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the rollout of its Smart TV Privacy Manager. The Privacy Manager, based on the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF), is being rolled out to offer consumers privacy controls on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Ben Barokas, Leigh Freund, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Samba TV and Vestel optimise picture quality with AI
Jan 6, 2021 – Samba TV and Vestel have announced a partnership to introduce an artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Picture Perfect, that optimizes picture quality in real time for gaming, live sports, movies and more.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Freeview and Vestel sign new 5-year partnership
Nov 10, 2020 – Freeview UK has renewed its contract with Vestel for a further five years. The deal means that the Freeview Play service will be not just present, but have prominence on all new Vestel manufactured TV sets.
News categories: Freeview, Vestel, Simon Hunt, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Vestel expands Smart TV contract with Vewd
Aug 28, 2020 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see Vewd Core and Core Modules deployed across the full range of Vestel Smart TVs. The agreement will also lead to the first large scale deployment of Smart TVs supporting the HbbTV OpApp standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey, Worldwide
Vestel integrates access to HD+ on UHD TVs for Germany
Jul 24, 2020 – Vestel will offer direct access to HD+ on a selection of UHD TVs for the German market. From September, UHD TVs with built-in HD+ will be available under brand names, such as Toshiba, Telefunken, JVC, and Hitachi.
News categories: Vestel, HD+, Barış Altınkaya, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data