Digital TV News: Beeline
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2019, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDN for TV Everywhere service
Dec 19, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that it has been selected to power Russia's Beeline TV. Using CDN solutions from Broadpeak, Beeline can deliver live, VOD, catch-up and start-over TV content to a wide range of subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, Beeline, Jacques Le Mancq, Oleg Karadzhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, TV Everywhere
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Beeline adds catch-up TV in Moscow
Oct 31, 2014 – VimpelCom, which operates under the Beeline brand in Russia, has announced that it is now offering a catch-up TV service in the Moscow region. Starting on November 1st, the service allows customer to watch programmes broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: VimpelCom, Beeline, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
ArmenTel announces IPTV service
Apr 17, 2014 – Armenia Telephone Company CJSC (ArmenTel), which operates using the Beeline brand in Armenia, has announced the launch of an IPTV service
News categories: ArmenTel, Armenia, Digital TV, IPTV
Pay TV penetration in Russia reaches 60%
Oct 17, 2013 – According to industry analysts TelecomDaily, the number of pay-TV subscribers in Russia at the end of the third quarter of 2013 was 33.3 million up from 32.5 million at the end of the the second quarter.
News categories: TelecomDaily, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV subscriptions in Russia to hit 37.6 million in 2016
Aug 17, 2012 – According to J'son & Partners, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 was 28.6 million, up 22.2% on 2010. The company expects this number to reach 37.6 million by 2016, representing 69% of households compared with 52% for 2011.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software