Digital TV News: Beeline
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Motorola Mobility Extends IPTV Set-top Roll-out With VimpelCom
Sep 9, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that VimpelCom (NYSE: VIP) has selected Motorola's advanced VIP22n2E series set-tops to expand their roll out of enhanced IPTV services to customers under its Beeline brand.
News categories: Motorola, VimpelCom, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
VimpelCom to trial IPTV in Kazakhstan
Jun 17, 2011 – VimpelCom (NYSE: VIP) has completed a tender for IPTV equipment for use in the Russian regions and CIS countries. ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) has been approved and will be used for a commercial IPTV pilot in Kazakhstan later this year.
News categories: VimpelCom, ZTE, Beeline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Russia
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
Beeline IPTV launches in Kiev
Dec 16, 2009 – Beeline Ukraine (NYSE:VIP) has launched its 'Beeline TV' IPTV service in Kiev. Subscribers can watch up to 30 channels either on their PC or on a television via a set-top box from Amino.
News categories: Beeline, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Beeline launches Mobile TV in Moscow
Dec 7, 2009 – Vimpelcom (NYSE:VIP) has announced the launch of a trial DVB-H mobile TV service in Moscow under its Beeline brand. Beeline Mobile TV consists of 11 channels and is free of charge to users during the trial period.
News categories: Vimpelcom, Beeline, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia
Vimpelcom launches Beeline IPTV in Russia
May 12, 2009 – Vimpelcom (NYSE:VIP), owner of the Beeline brand, has commercially launched its 'Beeline TV' IPTV service in Russia. The service is based on the Microsoft Mediaroom (Nasdaq: MSFT) platform.
News categories: Vimpelcom, Beeline TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019