Digital TV News: Belgacom
Wyplay chooses Sigma SMP8700 family for Frog by Wyplay
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with middleware vendor Wyplay. Together they have extended a porting effort on Sigma's new ARM based STB SoC product line.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS and Wyplay announce Ultra HD 4K and HEVC-Main 10 media gateway solution
Jan 2, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) and Wyplay have announced availability of the home media gateway market's first solution to support Ultra HD 4K content and advanced HEVC 10-bit media processing.
News categories: Wyplay, ViXS Systems, David Jones, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor
Belgacom begins roll out of TV Replay catch-up TV service
Nov 13, 2013 – Belgacom has announced the start of a test phase for its TV Replay service, which allows its TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Bruno Chauvat, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor
AirTies endorses Frog by Wyplay open source initiative
Sep 10, 2013 – AirTies has announced that it is to collaborate with Wyplay in support of the Frog by Wyplay initiative. The initiative provides access to full source code including: client device middleware, backend add-ons and companion applications.
News categories: Wyplay, AirTies, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay middleware to go open-source
Sep 5, 2013 – Wyplay has announced Frog by Wyplay, an initiative aiming to free all actors in the TV ecosystem from being locked into proprietary solutions. Thanks to Frog by Wyplay, the full source code of Wyplay's set-top box middleware and backend add-ons will be accessible free of charge.
News categories: Wyplay, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware
Technicolor selected by Belgacom for next generation ultra-broadband Gateway
Jun 19, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris:TCH) has announced that it has been selected to supply Belgacom, the leading telecommunications company in Belgium, for its next generation 'BBOX3', to roll-out smart home services over its ultra-broadband network.
News categories: Technicolor, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Smart Home
Belgacom introduces smaller IPTV set-top box
Jun 11, 2013 – Belgacom has announced teh introduction of new modem,TV decoder, and Wi-Fi Bridge. The decoder is smaller, three times more powerful, and twice as energy efficient as the previous version.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 – Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks' strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated