Digital TV News: Bell Canada
Bell and Xandr create omni-channel DSP for advertisers in Canada
Apr 28, 2021 – Bell and Xandr have announced an omni-channel demand-side platform for Canadian advertisers. The Bell Media product, branded SAM DSP, will enable targeted campaigns using inventory over multiple platforms and channels.
News categories: Xandr, Bell Media, Mike Welch, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV
Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
Aug 4, 2020 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of Bell Streamer, an all-in-one 4K HDR streaming device powered by Android TV that enables customers to bring all their favourite content directly to their big screens.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
Feb 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) is enabling Bell Canada to offer its Fibe TV customers an more rich and personalized TV experience via its set-top box support for Ericsson's MediaFirst personalized multiscreen, TV Everywhere, IPTV and pay TV system.
News categories: ARRIS International, Bell, Larry Robinson, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Bell Canada selects Ericsson's MediaFirst TV platform
Jan 18, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by Bell Canada to power its next generation multiscreen TV services. Ericsson's MediaFirst TV Platform solution will enable Bell to offer an enhanced, personalized and converged multiscreen TV experience.
News categories: Ericsson, Bell Canada, Angel Ruiz, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Bell Fibe TV first Canadian TV service available on Apple TV
Nov 3, 2016 – Fibe TV is now available on Apple TV, enabling consumers to experience Canada's best television service alongside their music, photos, games and favourite apps on Apple TV 4th Generation.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
- SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
- Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
- Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020