Digital TV News: Ben Reneker
South Korea, Japan, China, Australia and Taiwan have highest OTT viability in Asia
Oct 3, 2014 – CASBAA and SNL Kagan recently conducted a webinar detailing how upstart OTT providers are taking on traditional multichannel providers in the fight for Asia Pacific's video customers.
News categories: CASBAA, SNL Kagan, Christopher Slaughter, Ben Reneker, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
SNL Kagan Analysis of Asia-Pacific Broadband Indicates Growth Despite Recession
Jul 19, 2010 – In a recent analysis of the Asia-Pacific broadband market, SNL Kagan found that despite recessionary pressures, the region's broadband subscriber base grew 17.7% to 181.4 million in 2009 compared to 154.1 million in 2008.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Asia, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Rapid Growth of IPTV Could Fuel Global Multichannel TV Hypercompetition
Mar 18, 2010 – According to SNL Kagan, IPTV is emerging as a strong market alternative in the increasingly competitive global multichannel space. IPTV, which accounted for only 0.01% of multichannel households in 2003, grew to 4.9% of pay-TV subscribers in 2009.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Video Exchange
SNL Kagan study sees growth in Latin American DTH and IPTV
Apr 16, 2008 – SNL Kagan's newest study, 'Global Multichannel Special Report: Trends in LatAm Telecom Insurgence,' explores pay-TV competition in Latin America and how international telecoms Telefónica and Telmex are capitalizing on market opportunities.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, MMDS, Peru, Satellite
SNL Kagan Publishes Global HDTV Study
Nov 8, 2007 – "Global High Definition Television Trends," a new study from SNL Kagan, reports that pay-TV operators are increasingly using HDTV service to distinguish themselves in competitive markets.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Australia, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Market Research, Mexico, Satellite, Terrestrial, TV Services, UK, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership