Digital TV News: Ben Reneker
South Korea, Japan, China, Australia and Taiwan have highest OTT viability in Asia
Oct 3, 2014 – CASBAA and SNL Kagan recently conducted a webinar detailing how upstart OTT providers are taking on traditional multichannel providers in the fight for Asia Pacific's video customers.
News categories: CASBAA, SNL Kagan, Christopher Slaughter, Ben Reneker, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
SNL Kagan Analysis of Asia-Pacific Broadband Indicates Growth Despite Recession
Jul 19, 2010 – In a recent analysis of the Asia-Pacific broadband market, SNL Kagan found that despite recessionary pressures, the region's broadband subscriber base grew 17.7% to 181.4 million in 2009 compared to 154.1 million in 2008.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Asia, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Rapid Growth of IPTV Could Fuel Global Multichannel TV Hypercompetition
Mar 18, 2010 – According to SNL Kagan, IPTV is emerging as a strong market alternative in the increasingly competitive global multichannel space. IPTV, which accounted for only 0.01% of multichannel households in 2003, grew to 4.9% of pay-TV subscribers in 2009.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Video Exchange
SNL Kagan study sees growth in Latin American DTH and IPTV
Apr 16, 2008 – SNL Kagan's newest study, 'Global Multichannel Special Report: Trends in LatAm Telecom Insurgence,' explores pay-TV competition in Latin America and how international telecoms Telefónica and Telmex are capitalizing on market opportunities.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, MMDS, Peru, Satellite
SNL Kagan Publishes Global HDTV Study
Nov 8, 2007 – "Global High Definition Television Trends," a new study from SNL Kagan, reports that pay-TV operators are increasingly using HDTV service to distinguish themselves in competitive markets.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Australia, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Market Research, Mexico, Satellite, Terrestrial, TV Services, UK, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data