Digital TV News: BenQ
BenQ releases True 4K HDR home projectors powered by Android TV
Oct 6, 2020 – BenQ has launched a line of smart home projectors powered by Android TV. The True 4K HDR projectors have built-in access to all the movies, shows, sports, music, and games found on Google Play.
News categories: BenQ, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mobile video phone sales surge; paid services and revenue do not
Aug 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has released a new Mobile Video Equipment, Phones, Services, and Subscribers report. Infonetics expects 397 million mobile video phones to sell worldwide in 2013, creating a market worth tens of billions of dollars.
News categories: Infonetics Research, 5G, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV
RealNetworks Powers Entertainment Experiences on Netbooks
Jun 2, 2009 – RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) has entered licensing agreements with OS vendors Canonical, Xandros, Phoenix Technologies and DeviceVM to license RealPlayer for Mobile Devices for use in Linux OSs and Instant-On OSs for Windows-based Netbooks.
News categories: RealNetworks, Media Player, OTT
Taiwan - PTS successfully trials DVB-H services
Jan 23, 2008 – The public service broadcaster PTS has completed its year long DVB-H trial with its partners mobile operators Chunghua Telecom, Taiwan Mobile and FarEasTone, manufacturers Motorola and BenQ and software vendor Cyberlink.
News categories: Taiwan Public Television Service, Digital TV, Mobile, Taiwan
World DVD Players & DVD Recorders Market to Reach 127.69 Million Units by 2010, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Jul 25, 2007 – Driven by advancements in consumer electronics, and the growing popularity of home theater systems, the world DVD players & DVD recorders market is projected to reach 127.69 million units by the year 2010.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Report Index, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder
BenQ selects Siano Mobile TV Receiver Chip for DVB-H Mobile Phones
Apr 11, 2007 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that its SMS1010 multi-standard mobile TV receiver chip has been selected by Taiwan’s leading brand consumer electronics maker BenQ to enable MDTV in BenQ’s 3G and 2.5G mobile phones. More …
News categories: 5G, Mobile, Semiconductor
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand