Digital TV News: Billy Nayden
8% of US broadband households own a VR headset
Apr 15, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, gaming remains the primary use case for VR headsets in the U.S. Familiarity with VR remains at around one-fourth of US broadband households, with gamers most likely to be familiar with the technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, VR
52% of U.S. broadband households now watching internet video on a connected TV
Mar 7, 2019 – Parks Associates research has found that OTT video services have transitioned back into the home’s living room, with a majority (52%) of U.S. broadband households now watching online video on a TV that is connected to the internet.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
Jan 16, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 16% of U.S. broadband households admit to sharing their passwords for their video service accounts with other people, and that service providers will have a difficult time moving subscribers to new methods of password-free authentication.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
47% of U.S. broadband households watch UGC more than once a month
Oct 11, 2018 – A report from Parks Associates finds that as U.S. broadband households spend less time per week watching video on a television, they are watching more user-generated content online, which increasingly includes live broadcast video.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering