Digital TV News: Blockbuster Inc
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming, USA
Widevine DRM Selected for BLOCKBUSTER On Demand® Service
Dec 15, 2009 – Widevine and Blockbuster (NYSE: BBI,BBI.B) have announced that Blockbuster will use Widevine's DRM and video optimization as a part of its BLOCKBUSTER On Demand® Service to deliver entertainment to internet-connected retail consumer electronic devices.
News categories: Widevine, Blockbuster, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DRM, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Blockbuster Announces Mobile Handset Integration Deal with Motorola
Aug 18, 2009 – Blockbuster (NYSE: BBI) has announced plans to feature the BLOCKBUSTER OnDemand movie download service in select Motorola (NYSE: MOT) phones, providing its library of premium digital entertainment to mobile devices for the first time.
News categories: Blockbuster, Motorola, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Rovi (Macrovision) Launches 'Liquid' Digital Media Guide
Jul 16, 2009 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), formerly Macrovision, has unveiled a new media guide, codenamed 'Liquid,' capable of connecting consumers to entertainment content on the internet, stored at home, or broadcast, with a single user interface.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Blockbuster and Samsung Sign Agreement to Deliver BLOCKBUSTER® OnDemand Services to Select Samsung HDTVs, Home Theater Systems and Blu-ray Players
Jul 14, 2009 – Blockbuster (NYSE: BBI, BBI.B) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced they are joining forces to enable consumers to access Blockbuster's library of premium digital entertainment via Samsung HDTVs, home theater systems and Blu-ray players.
News categories: Samsung, Blockbuster, Blu-ray, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Blockbuster and TiVo to Make BLOCKBUSTER® OnDemand Available Through TiVo
Mar 25, 2009 – Blockbuster (NYSE: BBI, BBI.B) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have announced they are joining forces to deliver Blockbuster's vast library of premium digital movie titles directly to the television set via TiVo® DVRs.
News categories: TiVo, Blockbuster, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Blockbuster and Sonic Solutions Team for Internet Movie Delivery
Jan 14, 2009 – Blockbuster and Sonic Solutions have announced an alliance to give consumers access to a vast library of premium digital entertainment across a wide assortment of home (PC and consumer electronics) and mobile devices.
News categories: Blockbuster Inc, Sonic Solutions, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet
2Wire® Selects Broadcom's Chipset to Power Its MediaPoint™ Digital Media Player
Jan 6, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7405 digital set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution has been selected by 2Wire to power its new MediaPoint™ digital media player.
News categories: 2Wire, Broadcom, CES2023, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Blockbuster and 2Wire Introduce New Digital Media Player
Nov 25, 2008 – Blockbuster (NYSE: BBI)(NYSE: BBI.B) and 2Wire have introduced the 2Wire MediaPoint™ digital media player, an easy-to-use, on-demand video solution that offers movie fans instant access through their TV sets to BLOCKBUSTER® ONDEMAND content.
News categories: 2Wire, Blockbuster, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December