Digital TV News: Bosch
ACCESS in-vehicle infotainment solutions demonstrated at CES
Jan 5, 2023 – ACCESS Europe has announced that its ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) content aggregation platform is featuring in CES demonstrations from multiple companies at CES this year.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Masahiro Aono, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
3SS shows Android-based automotive entertainment UX at CES
Jan 7, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that its 3Ready Product Framework is now integrated as part of a modular automotive demo platform, a simulator which serves to give a taste of the future of the in-car entertainment experience.
News categories: 3SS, SUPER RTL, Bosch, AirConsole, Tomasz Dzikowski, Robert Dube, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices
May 14, 2020 – As consumers find new ways to connect during COVID-19, a majority of Americans are opting to use their voices to control smart devices, rather than using touch screens and other tactile interfaces, according to a survey from Syntiant.
News categories: Syntiant, Kurt Busch, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
YouTube Apps to launch on Fire TV; Prime Video on Chromecast and Android TV
Apr 18, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) have announced that the official YouTube app will soon launch on Amazon Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and that the Prime Video app will be available for streaming to Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices.
News categories: Prime Video, YouTube, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Integral Ad Science and FreeWheel partner to measure video inventory
Jul 31, 2018 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has announces a partnership with FreeWheel’s ad management platform that allows publishers to measure the quality of their digital video for viewability, brand safety, and fraud.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, FreeWheel, Nick Morley, Thomas Bremond, Philippe Boscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Smart home revenues to exceed $190bn by 2021
Jan 10, 2017 – Data from Juniper Research has found that smart home hardware and service take-up in entertainment, automation, healthcare and connected devices is set to drive revenues from $83 billion in 2017 to $195 billion by 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement