Digital TV News: Boxer
Boxer subscriptions fall slightly due to tough competition in the mature Swedish digital TV market
Jan 14, 2009 – On 31 December 2008, Boxer had 689,000 digital TV subscriptions. The number of subscriptions fell by just under three percent during the year, from 709,000 at the beginning of the year.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Swedish AirplusTV closes Digital Terrestrial pay-TV deal with Telecom Italia
Dec 2, 2008 – AirplusTV Group and Telecom Italia Media finalized the agreement for the transfer of all activities concerning the Digital Terrestrial pay-TV platform La7 Cartapi'u to the Italian division of AirplusTV.
News categories: AirplusTV, Telecom Italia Media, Italy, MandA, Terrestrial
Boxer launches TV via broadband
Nov 28, 2008 – On December 1st, Sweden's Boxer will launch TV over broadband, also known as IPTV, on a select number of broadband networks.
News categories: Boxer, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden
TDC: Increased earnings but continued pressure on revenue
Nov 5, 2008 – EBITDA for TDC (Copenhagen:TDC) increased by 4.4% to DKK 9.8bn during the first nine months of 2008 compared to the same period last year. YouSee cable TV subscribers increased to 1.134 million from 1.098 million one year ago.
News categories: TDC, Cable TV, Denmark, Results, Subscribers
Sweden - Strong competition for Boxer in Q3
Oct 7, 2008 – At the end of September, Sweden's Boxer pay DTT service had 696,000 subscribers, a decrease of 5,000 in the third quarter, though still 3,000 more than at the same date last year. Boxer has also approved its first terrestrial PVR (from Sagem).
News categories: Boxer, Sagem, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Boxer includes MHEG-5 in receiver specification
Sep 18, 2008 – The DTT service operator Boxer will include the MHEG-5 format for interactivity in its technical specification for DTT receivers.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
TDC (YouSee) reports first half 2008 results
Aug 13, 2008 – Revenue for TDC (Copenhagen:TDC) declined by 1.3% to DKK 19.5bn compared with the first half of 2007. YouSee cable TV subscribers (analogue and digital) increased from 1.092 million at the end of June 2007 to 1.124 million at end-June 2008.
News categories: TDC, YouSee, Cable TV, Denmark, Results, Subscribers
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max