Digital TV News: Brent Smith
Evolution Digital and Rovi Collaborate to Bring Popular Guide Experience to DTAs
Aug 22, 2012 – Evolution Digital and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) have announced that they will be working together to bring the popular experience of Rovi Guides to Evolution's Universal Digital Transport Adapters (uDTAs).
News categories: Rovi Corp, Evolution Digital, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 – Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
Cablemás adds Cubiware VOD platform
Apr 12, 2012 – Conax and Evolution Digital have announced that they have partnered with Cubiware to provide Cablemás with a VOD platform using Adaptive Bit Rate technology, to maximize bandwidth efficiency, and reduce operating costs.
News categories: Cubiware, Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mexico, Middleware, NABShow
NCTC Signs Multi-Year Evolution Digital Deal to Bring Member's Savings on DTAs and TiVo Set-Top Boxes
Feb 20, 2012 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has signed an agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC). Under the agreement, NCTC is able to provide members a lower price per unit by aggregating member orders for Evolution Digital's SD and HD uDTAs and TiVo® Premiere DVRs.
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
Cablemás expands use of Conax security and Evolution set-top boxes
May 24, 2011 – In 2010, Mexico's Cablemás entered an agreement with Conax, and Evolution Digital. Now Cablemás is expanding their digital service offering to include IP video services using the Conax security platform and Evolution hybrid IP set-tops and DVRs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Mexico, Set Top Box
Cablemás strengthens its security platform with Conax open DVB Conditional Access
Aug 31, 2010 – Cablemás is optimizing its digitization with the Conax content-security platform. The new solution will improve quality and functionality by including redundancy, 24/7 and Evolution Digital STBs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, iexpertus, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
Evolution Digital and Conax Awarded Multi-Stream CableCARD™ Qualification
Aug 28, 2009 – Evolution Digital and Conax have partnered to develop a Multi-stream CableCARD™ (M-Card™) specific to the North American cable market and were recently awarded qualification by CableLabs®.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria