Digital TV News: Brian Kwon
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
LG kicks off global rollout of 2019 TV lineup
Mar 6, 2019 – LG has announced that its 2019 premium TV lineup featuring advanced OLED and NanoCell TVs has begun rolling out. With screen sizes up to 86", the TVs offer upgraded AI picture and sound quality thanks to the company’s α (Alpha) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor and deep learning technology.
News categories: LG Electronics, Brian Kwon, Digital TV, Korea, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces first 4K UHD TVs for ATSC 3.0 in Korea
Jan 6, 2017 – Starting this spring, ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympics, LG will introduce the first ATSC 3.0-enabled 4K Ultra HD TVs to support the deployment of the Next Gen TV broadcast standard in South Korea.
News categories: LG, Brian Kwon, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
LG to collaborate with Netflix on global expansion
Jan 6, 2016 – LG Electronics has announced that it has initiated a global partnership with Netflix to facilitate the expansion of Netflix's global on-demand Internet streaming operations beyond the Internet TV network's already established markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, Netflix, Brian Kwon, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
LG to unveil webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016
Dec 22, 2015 – LG will unveil its 2016 Smart TV lineup featuring the updated webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016. LG webOS 3.0 adds new features to make finding and switching between LG's expanded content options simple and fast.
News categories: LG, Xumo, Brian Kwon, Colin Petrie-Norris, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK