Digital TV News: Brian Kwon
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
LG kicks off global rollout of 2019 TV lineup
Mar 6, 2019 – LG has announced that its 2019 premium TV lineup featuring advanced OLED and NanoCell TVs has begun rolling out. With screen sizes up to 86", the TVs offer upgraded AI picture and sound quality thanks to the company’s α (Alpha) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor and deep learning technology.
News categories: LG Electronics, Brian Kwon, Digital TV, Korea, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces first 4K UHD TVs for ATSC 3.0 in Korea
Jan 6, 2017 – Starting this spring, ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympics, LG will introduce the first ATSC 3.0-enabled 4K Ultra HD TVs to support the deployment of the Next Gen TV broadcast standard in South Korea.
News categories: LG, Brian Kwon, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
LG to collaborate with Netflix on global expansion
Jan 6, 2016 – LG Electronics has announced that it has initiated a global partnership with Netflix to facilitate the expansion of Netflix's global on-demand Internet streaming operations beyond the Internet TV network's already established markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, Netflix, Brian Kwon, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG to unveil webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016
Dec 22, 2015 – LG will unveil its 2016 Smart TV lineup featuring the updated webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016. LG webOS 3.0 adds new features to make finding and switching between LG's expanded content options simple and fast.
News categories: LG, Xumo, Brian Kwon, Colin Petrie-Norris, CES, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks