Digital TV News: Brian Baker
Telstra to Deliver Live Television Over the Internet with Widevine
Oct 5, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Australia's Telstra (ASX:TLS) will soon start delivering linear broadcast television channels over the internet using Widevine's live adaptive streaming, virtual DVD experience and digital rights management (DRM) platform.
News categories: Widevine, Telstra, Australia, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Oregan Networks and Widevine Join Forces to Bring a Wide Range of Over-the-Top Content to Connected Devices
Sep 13, 2010 – Oregan Networks and Widevine have announced that Widevine will provide video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) for Oregan's Onyx media browser.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT
Accedo and Widevine Partner to Deliver OTT Video Services
Sep 10, 2010 – Accedo Broadband and Widevine have announced a partnership to deliver over-the-top (OTT) video services. Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and DRM platform will be available for integration with Accedo's application solutions.
News categories: Accedo, Widevine, Content Protection, IBC2019, OTT
Best Buy Selects Widevine as a Preferred Provider for DRM and Adaptive Streaming
Aug 31, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) has chosen Widevine to be a preferred provider of adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on Insignia connected devices.
News categories: Widevine, Best Buy, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Boxee and Widevine Team Up to Give Boxee Users the Ultimate Online Video Viewing Experience
Aug 18, 2010 – Widevine and Boxee have announced that the two companies will collaborate to make Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) technologies available in CE devices containing Boxee's software platform.
News categories: Widevine, Boxee, DRM, Middleware, OTT, USA
Widevine Selected By EchoStar for Digital Rights Management
Aug 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that EchoStar and Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) have selected Widevine's DRM solution for the protection of content delivered by SlingLoaded™ consumer devices.
News categories: Widevine, Sling Media, EchoStar, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Hisense to Utilize Widevine Adaptive Streaming and DRM in Connected TVs
Aug 4, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Hisense Electric (Shanghai: 600060), the number one TV company in China, will include Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD-like controls, and DRM solution on their Internet-connected televisions.
News categories: Widevine, Hisense, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Smart TV
LOVEFiLM Bolsters Multiplatform Delivery with Widevine
Jul 29, 2010 – LOVEFiLM has signed an agreement with Widevine, naming Widevine as LOVEFiLM's preferred provider of DRM and video optimization solutions. This will allow LOVEFiLM's digital content to be accessed on the broadest cross section of devices.
News categories: Widevine, LOVEFiLM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software