Digital TV News: C&M
DigiCAP, LG and Pearl TV trial in-car handoff between ATSC 3.0 TV stations
Mar 14, 2022 – In a test car, LG installed a system to receive and display ATSC 3.0 signals on a rear-seat entertainment TV. As the car traveled from the signal coverage of one TV station to the next, the NRT handoff technology succeeded in keeping a steady TV signal on the receiver device.
News categories: DigiCAP, LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Yeongho Je, Anne Schell, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
Jan 14, 2021 – Chips&Media has shared plans for its WAVE6 series of video codec IPs. The company is changing from a frame pipeline to an on-the-fly architecture to deliver ultra-low latency while providing maximum efficiencies.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ATEME encodes industry's first 4K cable channel
Apr 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Home Choice, a South Korean content aggregator, has selected its TITAN to encode Ultra High Definition (UHD) content in HEVC for the launch of UMAX, the worlds first dedicated 4K channel.
News categories: ATEME, Home Choice, UMAX, Eunsook Wi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Korea
Ceramate Introduces World's Smallest DVB-T STB Module
Feb 12, 2009 – Ceramate Technical has announced the availability of the CT500 module, the world's smallest Set Top Box module. The CT500 module is a full featured DVB-T receiver and MPEG2 video decoder: antenna IN, video OUT, and is as small as 20x38 mm.
News categories: Abilis Systems, Ceramate, C&M Microelectronics, Digital TV, DVD, MWC22, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Terrestrial
Over Two Million SmarDTV CableCARDs Deployed Worldwide
Sep 30, 2008 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced that more than 2 million of its CableCARDs have been deployed worldwide. SmarDTV also announced the opening of a new regional office located in Seoul.
News categories: SmarDTV, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Korea, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart TV, USA
Korea's C&M Utilizes Harmonic's Technology to Power First High Definition H.264 Cable Service in Asia
Jan 29, 2008 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that C&M, a leading cable TV operator in Korea, has deployed Harmonic's DiviCom® Electra™ 7000 encoder for Asia's first live high definition (HD) MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video service in a cable environment.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, C&M, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity