Digital TV News: CAN Tech
CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
Nov 19, 2015 – Stream TV Networks has announced that it is partnering with CAN Tech Co to make its live programming and extensive content library available in Glasses-Free 3D for the first time. The move will result in programming converted or created in Stream TV's Glasses Free 3D Ultra-D format.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, CAN Tech, Mathu Rajan, Fu Qiang, China, Digital TV, Metaverse, Worldwide
Elonics Raises £6.1 million Series B Investment
Sep 6, 2010 – Elonics has announced the closing of a £6.1m ($9.5m) of Series B investment round led by Scottish Equity Partners (SEP) and supported by Octopus Ventures, a division of Octopus Investments, alongside a number of existing investors.
News categories: Elonics, Scottish Equity Partners, Octopus Ventures, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Sigma Designs Announces CoAir, the World's First Ultrawideband chipset with integrated Wireless, Coax and Gigabit Ethernet for High Speed Whole Home Networking
Jun 24, 2008 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced CoAir™, the industry's first Ultrawideband (UWB) and WiMedia™ standard-based chipset with combined wireless, coax and Ethernet capabilities.
News categories: Sigma Designs, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
LG and Samsung Join Forces to Develop and Promote Mobile Digital TV Standard
May 14, 2008 – LG and Samsung have announced that they will propose their jointly developed technology as the North American technology standard for mobile DTV.
News categories: LG Electronics, Samsung, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Zoran's Vaddis® Processor Selected By Sony For Its Car In-Dash AV Entertainment System With Super Audio CD Playback
Aug 20, 2007 – Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq: ZRAN) has announced that its Vaddis® DVD multimedia processors have been integrated into a high-quality, high-definition DVD car stereo (model MEX-DV2000/MEX-DV1000) from Sony Corporation.
News categories: Digital TV, DVD, In-Car, Semiconductor
Zoran's Vaddis®9 DVD Multimedia Processor Plus HDXtreme® 2 Upscaler Power Samsung's New Generation of 1080P HDMI DVD Players
Aug 6, 2007 – Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq: ZRAN) has announced it is supplying its Vaddis® 966 DVD processor & HDXtreme®2 1080p HDMI transmitter with integrated upconverter to Samsung Electronics for its new DVD-HD1080P7 player model.
News categories: Digital TV, DVD, Semiconductor
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes