Digital TV News: CANAL+ Platform
ADB integrates Netflix on second STB for Canal+ Platforma
Apr 29, 2020 – ADB has completed a second Netflix integration for Canal+ Platforma, on the operator's UltraBOX+ platform supplied by ADB. It follows a December 2019 implementation performed on the first edition of UltraBOX+.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Canal+ Platforma, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
CANAL+ Poland exploring IPO
Jan 31, 2020 – ITI Neovision (CANAL+ Platforma) is working with shareholders and advisors to explore IPO options. Group CANAL+ intends to retain its role as the strategic shareholder of ITI Neovision SA regardless of such a process.
News categories: ITI Neovision, Digital TV, IPO, Poland, Satellite
CANAL+ Poland selects ADB UHD satellite solution
Sep 12, 2019 – ADB has announced that CANAL+ Platform has selected its UHD satellite solution to provide subscribers with advanced TV services in 4K. The solution provides features like multiple recordings, fast channel change and access to multi VOD libraries.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, CANAL+ Platform, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, IBC2020, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Canal+ Spain subscribers down another 59,500 in 2Q 2013
Jul 25, 2013 – Grupo Prisa has announced financial results for the first half of 2013. Canal+ Spain's satellite subscribers fell by 88,119 in the first half. Despite this, its market share grew because of higher falls at other operators.
News categories: Grupo PRISA, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers
Telenet announces Full Year 2007 results
Feb 18, 2008 – As of December 31, 2007 Telenet registered a total of 420,000 subscribers to one or more premium television services, comprising 391,000 iDTV subscribers, 25,000 Prime customers and 5,000 customers subscribing to premium content on the former UPC Belgium network.
News categories: Telenet, Earnings Release, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
Telenet announces First Half 2007 results
Aug 6, 2007 – By the end of the first half of 2007, Telenet (Euronext Brussels: TNET) had a total of 348,000 subscribers taking one or more premium television services, including 309,000 iDTV subscribers, 33,000 Prime customers (on the former Canal+ platform) and 6,000 customers subscribing to premium content on the former UPC Belgium network.
News categories: Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed