Digital TV News: CANALSAT
Canal+ France subscribers down 542k; International up 505k in year to end-3Q 2016
Nov 9, 2016 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2016. Canal+ Group had a total of 11 million individual subscribers, a year-on-year decrease of 19,000.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, Vincent Bolloré, Africa, France, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
CANAL+ Group revamps TV packages
Oct 13, 2016 – CANAL+ Group is revamping its TV packages. The Group is introducing a simpler choice of options under the CANAL brand. The CANALSAT brand will be phased out with the new offers being launched on November 15.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Médiamétrie releases France TV market survey
Jul 5, 2016 – Médiamétrie has released results from its Médiamat’Thématik survey of the French television market. According to the survey, out of a total of 58.249 million TV households in the country, 43.776 million (75.2%) receive their TV service via satellite, cable or over DSL.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Sky to overtake Liberty Global in Western Europe
Sep 9, 2015 – Liberty Global has been the largest pay TV operator in Europe for some time. However, its top slot in Western Europe is under threat, with Sky Europe expected to overtake its subscriber count in 2017, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
CANAL+ DTH goes all-HD with Thomson Video Networks
Jul 15, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that the CANAL+ Group has deployed its ViBE EM4000 HD/SD encoder to power the migration of its entire CANALSAT satellite offering to an all-HD delivery infrastructure based on the H.264 codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CANAL+ Group, Eric Louvet, Frederic Vincent, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Wyplay and ST disclose contribution to Canal+ 'Cube S' STB
Jun 30, 2015 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) have disclosed their contributions to the development of Canal+ 'Cube S' set-top-box unveiled on June 9th in Paris. The Cube S is a hybrid Internet and DTT set-top box.
News categories: Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Notton, Frédéric Vincent, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
CANAL+ and Technicolor collaborate on 'Cube S' hybrid STB
Jun 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an ongoing collaboration with CANAL+ Group beginning with the launch of the 'Cube S'. Available immediately across France, the Cube S set-top box offers the complete portfolio of Canal+ content in a direct-to-consumer offering for the first time – all in HD.
News categories: Technicolor, CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Satellite, cable or IPTV in 75% of French homes
Mar 11, 2015 – Mediametrie has released results from its Médiamat’Thématik survey of the French television market. According to the survey, out of a total of 59.093 million TV households in the country, 44.099 million receive their TV service via satellite, cable or over DSL.
News categories: Mediametrie, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023