Digital TV News: CBS News
CBS News expands distribution to app stores in 89 countries
Jun 23, 2020 – The CBS News app has expanded distribution to app stores in 89 countries outside the U.S., including on Amazon Fire TV, Google devices, LG Smart TVs and more, as well as VIZIO SmartCast in the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: CBS News, Christy Tanner, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, OTT, USA
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku introduces upgraded Roku 3 and Roku 2 streaming players
Apr 6, 2015 – Roku has announced 'Roku Feed', a feature that allows consumers to follow entertainment and get automatic updates on pricing and availability. Roku has also introduced its Roku 3 streaming player with voice search and a faster Roku 2 player.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
AT&T Launches Entertainment Website With Online TV Content and Movies
Sep 10, 2009 – AT&T has announced the launch of AT&T Entertainment, a Web site that lets you watch thousands of streaming TV shows and movies on your PC. The content is provided by content providers including ABC, NBC, CBS and dozens more.
News categories: AT&T, OTT, USA
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria