Digital TV News: CBS Sports
ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
Aug 4, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) is to launch ViacomCBS EyeQ, a connected video advertising platform that will serve as a single transactional point of entry for digital video content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of networks.
News categories: ViacomCBS, John Halley, David Lawenda, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS expands YouTube TV distribution agreement
May 7, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and Google have announced a distribution agreement to deliver more content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of news, entertainment and sports networks for YouTube TV subscribers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, YouTube TV, Ray Hopkins, Lori Conkling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast first MVPD to launch CBS All Access STB app
Jan 8, 2020 – ViacomCBS and Comcast have announced that the companies have renewed their content carriage agreement. In addition, CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, will be available on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms later this year.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Rebecca Heap, Ray Hopkins, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS will use multiple 8K cameras at the Super Bowl
Jan 9, 2019 – At the Super Bowl, CBS Sports will give viewers unparalleled coverage with its use of virtual augmented reality graphics and 115 cameras, including multiple 8K cameras alongside 16 cameras with 4K capabilities.
News categories: CBS Sports, Digital TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
fuboTV passes 100k subscribers
Oct 10, 2017 – fuboTV has passed the 100,000 subscriber milestone. Originally launching in January 2015 as a streaming soccer destination, fuboTV has built a new over-the-top (OTT) live service that offers fans the most sports for the least money.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Hulu launches live TV streaming service
May 3, 2017 – Hulu has announced the launch of the company’s live TV streaming beta service, along with a new user experience. Viewers who subscribe enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 channels — plus Hulu's streaming library.
News categories: Hulu, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform