Digital TV News: CIBN
RealNetworks codec chosen for CIBN mobile TV App
Jun 27, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the commercial deployment of RealMedia HD on the China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) Mobile TV App, available now for download from Android app stores in China.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Jiang Hense, Xie Shengluo, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Streaming
CIBN to use RealNetworks' HD codec for its OTT TV apps
Feb 26, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) will launch a commercial trial of RealNetworks' codec, RealMedia HD, on its OTT HD VIDEO app and Stars China mobile app, China TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Rob Glaser, Hense Jiang, Ke Hengzhong, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC21, Streaming
RealNetworks and Amlogic expand media codec partnership
Jan 9, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced an agreement to license its RealMedia HD codec for porting and optimization to Amlogic. RealMedia HD is a video codec that delivers HD video quality at a fraction of the bandwidth required by other codecs.
News categories: RealNetworks, Amlogic, Morris Zhang, James Xie, CES2022, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
RealNetworks and CIBN Oriental deploy RealMedia HD video codec
Aug 16, 2017 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced a partnership with CIBN Oriental to enhance the company's TV and mobile video streaming capabilities. RealNetworks' RealMedia HD technology enables CIBN Oriental's users to enjoy their OTT service on large screens as well as on any mobile device.
News categories: RealNetworks, CIBN, Rob Glaser, Morris Zhang, Gong Yuguo, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
CIBN selects Irdeto as security partner for China DRM
Nov 24, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN), a subsidiary of China Radio International, is its first Chinese customer for Irdeto Rights with China DRM Support.
News categories: Irdeto, CIBN, Marco Xie, Fu Qiang, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product