Digital TV News: CJ Hello
CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
Dec 5, 2019 – CJ Hello has deployed ATEME's TITAN Live MPEG-2 HD transcoding solution for delivery of video services. TITAN Live is a hardware agnostic, real-time multi-channel/format solution designed for processing SD, HD and Ultra HD content for any screen.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Boyang An, Kim Hongik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
ATEME provides virtualized video headend to CJ Hello
Oct 16, 2018 – ATEME has announced that CJ Hello has deployed its TITAN Live solution for an HD project. The deployment enables CJ Hello to virtualize its video headend and distribute HD channels using DTT modulation in 23 Korean regions.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Eunsook Wi, Kim Hong-Ik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Alticast commercializes CJ Hello business platform
Mar 29, 2018 – Alticast has announced that it has developed a big data-based business platform for CJ Hello. The platform will serve as the foundation for CJ Hello’s intelligent cable TV service called 'Alaska' and will introduce an advanced UI/UX that manages the overall media service operation.
News categories: Alticast, CJ Hello, Wongeun Jeon, Kim Hong-ik, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, UX
Alticast to secure 4K UHD content on Windows
Apr 12, 2017 – Alticast has announced that it has extended the security capabilities of the Alticast AltiProtect product to 4K UHD content running on Windows platforms. Alticast has integrated Intel SGX into its Multi-DRM product.
News categories: Alticast, Intel Corp, Jae Park, Rick Echevarria, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
CJ Hellovision migrates legacy STBs to Alticast CA
Dec 15, 2016 – Alticast has announced that CJ Hellovision has completed the largest overhaul of a content security system using Alticast’s AltiProtect download and replace conditional access solution.
News categories: Alticast, CJ Hellovision, Dr. Mi-Sung Cho, Dr. Hong-Ik Kim, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Set Top Box
Pay TV operators to add 200 million subscribers by 2020
Oct 8, 2015 – Pay TV subscriptions for 338 operators across 89 countries will increase by 200 million from a collective 704 million in 2014 to 904 million by 2020, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report estimates that 29 operators had more than 5 million paying subs by end-2014.
News categories: Digital TV Research, China, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Pay TV operators progress in Asia Pacific
Sep 23, 2015 – Despite economic growth concerns, pay TV subscriptions for Asia Pacific’s top 68 operators will increase by 74% from a collective 376 million in 2014 to 535 million by 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV