Digital TV News: CNA
CNA app available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Mar 30, 2022 – Vewd has announced that CNA is now available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs worldwide. CNA is a 24-hour English-language news TV channel based in Singapore and available in 29 territories across Asia, the Middle East, and Australia.
News categories: Vewd, CNA, Amanda Oleson, Woon Chuk Chan, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
Nov 29, 2021 – Agama Technologies has announced that it has partnered with Antecna to implement Agama’s solution for monitoring and analysis of live TV channels and VoD streams at m:tel, the telecom operator in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
News categories: Agama, Antecna, m:tel, Mikael Dahlgren, Aleksandar Antunovic, Milan Aleksijević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
Apr 21, 2021 – HUMAN has discovered a CTV ad fraud botnet consisting of nearly a million infected mobile Android devices pretending to be millions of people watching ads on smart TVs and other devices.
News categories: HUMAN, Tamer Hassan, Michael McNally, Per Bjorke, Willard Simmons, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Federal Circuit affirms ITC import ban on Comcast X1 STBs
Mar 2, 2020 – The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has ruled in favor of TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) in its dispute with Comcast. The court affirmed the ITC's jurisdiction and their decision to ban the importation of Comcast STBs infringing Rovi patents.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
Operators rate Arris and Pace top residential gateway vendors
May 23, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, Arris and Pace have supplanted Huawei and ZTE (from last year’s survey) as the perceived top residential gateway vendors among Infonetics’ operator respondents.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Romania announces timetable for transition to digital television
Oct 17, 2013 – Romania's National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has announced a preliminary timetable for the country's transition to digital television.
News categories: ANCOM, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
ADB Delivers Top Channel Switching And Boot-Up Speeds, Enhancing The Consumer Experience
Nov 8, 2010 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it will be presenting its latest innovations at TelcoTV 2010. ADB will demonstrate sub one second channel change on both the ADB-5721WNX high definition (HD) digital video recorder and the ADB-3721WN HD set-top box.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
Peru proposes ISDB STB manufacturing hub
Nov 26, 2009 – The Deputy Minister of Communications of Peru is seeking to make the city of Tacna, with its Free Trade Zone, into a regional centre for development and manufacturing of ISDB set-top boxes.
News categories: ZOFRATACNA, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Peru, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th