Digital TV News: CNES
HOTBIRD 13G delivered to Kennedy Space Center
Oct 17, 2022 – A special aircraft has delivered Eutelsat's HOTBIRD 13G to Cape Canaveral in Florida. HOTBIRD 13G, a member of the 'Eurostar Neo' family of Airbus satellites, is the twin of the recently launched HOTBIRD 13F.
News categories: Airbus, Jean-Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
Feb 14, 2017 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: SKY Brasil-1 for AT&T/DIRECTV; and Telkom 3S for Telkom Indonesia as part of a turnkey contract with Thales Alenia Space.
News categories: Arianespace, DIRECTV Latin America, Telkom Indonesia, Thales, Stéphane Israël, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Latin America, Satellite, Venezuela
CNES contracts with ST for satellite broadband chipset
Oct 1, 2014 – CNES has signed a contract with STMicroelectronics to develop the ASTRAGAN chipset, which aims to bring satellite fast broadband to users everywhere, including in areas outside those covered by terrestrial fixed and mobile broadband networks.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CNES, Thales, Broadband, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Europe, France, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia