Digital TV News: CODETEL
Claro Launches 3G Mobile TV Service in Dominican Republic
Oct 1, 2009 – ROK Entertainment and Claro Dominican Republic (Mexico:AMXL) have announced the launch of Ideas TV, a streamed, live and pre-recorded mobile TV subscription service, powered by ROK's over-the-air video-streaming technologies.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Codetel, 5G, Dominican Republic, Mobile
CopperGate Shipped Over 10 Million HomePNA Chips for Home Networking
Jun 29, 2009 – CopperGate HomePNA chips are used in digital devices deployed worldwide in home entertainment networks and IPTV systems. They are deployed by more than 40 telecommunications, cable, and satellite companies.
News categories: CopperGate, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Codetel Adopts CopperGate IPTV Technology
Mar 9, 2009 – CopperGate Communications has announced that Codetel of the Dominican Republic has selected CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 technology for its Claro TV IPTV service.
News categories: CopperGate, Codetel, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Smart Home
Codetel teams with Alcatel-Lucent to launch IPTV in the Dominican Republic
Feb 25, 2009 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that Compania Dominicana de Telefonos (Codetel) has launched a nationwide IPTV offering, providing subscribers across the country with high-quality TV programming, VoD and other multimedia services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, CODETEL, Victor Agnellini, Oscar Peña, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Middleware
Motorola CCE Enables CODETEL to Launch Innovative Pay TV Service
Feb 9, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that CODETEL has selected Motorola's Communications Convergence Engine (CCE) to launch a new wave of innovative Pay TV service offerings in the Caribbean.
News categories: Motorola, CODETEL, América Móvil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV
More Microsoft IPTV deployments in Latin America?
Feb 3, 2009 – According to TV TELCO Latam, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) could soon add Codetel in the Dominican Republic and PRT (Claro) of Puerto Rico, both part of América Móvil, to its existing Microsoft Mediaroom deployment with Mexico's Maxcom.
News categories: América Móvil, Microsoft, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Puerto Rico
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022