Digital TV News: CONATEL
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Venezuela ends Q1 2011 with 2.57 million Pay TV subscribers
May 19, 2011 – According to statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the first quarter of 2011 were 2.57 million, up from 2.42 million at the end of the same quarter of 2010.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Venezuela ends 2010 with 2.5 million Pay TV subscribers
Mar 10, 2011 – According to statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the 2010 were 2.53 million, up from 2.19 million at the end of 2009. Household penetration reached 36.7%.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Tigo to launch pay TV in Paraguay
Jan 6, 2011 – Mobile phone operator Tigo (NASDAQ:MICC) has announced plans to launch pay TV in Paraguay in July this year. The service will initially be offered in the regions of Luque, San Lorenzo, Fernando de la Mora, Lambaré and the capital Asunción.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Venezuela Pay TV subscriptions reach 2.2 million in 2Q10
Aug 24, 2010 – According to statistics published by CONATEL, pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the second quarter of 2010 were 2.21 million, up from 2.01 million at the end of the same period of 2009. Household penetration reached 32.39%.
News categories: CONATEL, Market Research, Subscribers, Venezuela
Paraguay adopts ISDB for digital TV
Jun 2, 2010 – As recommended by the Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL) the President of Paraguay has decreed that the country shall adopt the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB standard for digital terrestrial television transmission.
News categories: CONATEL, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Ecuador confirms ISDB-T choice
Mar 25, 2010 – Ecuador's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has recommended to the country's Consejo Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL) that Ecuador should proceed with the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB-T variant as its DTT standard.
News categories: SUPERTEL, CONATEL, Digital TV, Ecuador, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Paraguay DTT standard recommendation expected in May
Mar 8, 2010 – Paraguay's telecoms services regulator CONATEL expects in May to issue a recommendation to the executive branch regarding which digital standard the country should adopt, local newspaper Última Hora reported.
News categories: Conatel, Digital TV, Paraguay, Terrestrial
Venezuela - CONATEL will meet with technicians from France and Japan to define digital TV standard
Nov 21, 2007 – Representatives of the National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL) will travel to France and Japan to enable Venezuela to decide whether to adopt either the European or Japanese standard for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial, TV Services, Venezuela
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia