Digital TV News: CONtv
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
VIZIO selects Cinedigm as app development partner for Smartcast TVs
Feb 4, 2020 – VIZIO has selected Matchpoint Blueprint from Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) as a preferred development platform for video streaming apps on its SmartCast TVs, opening the door for content partners to quickly bring new applications and programming to the VIZIO platform.
News categories: Cinedigm, VIZIO, Tony Huidor, Katherine Pond, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm selects Amagi cloud playout to bring CONtv to Twitch
Feb 22, 2018 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has deployed the company’s cloud-based channel playout platform, CLOUDPORT, to bring its CONtv channel to the popular social video service Twitch.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, CONtv, Srinivasan KA, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Axinom CMS selected to power Cinedigm OTT
May 10, 2017 – Axinom is helping power OTT video streaming services for Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM). With Axinom CMS, Cinedigm is able to automate and simplify their content management workflows enabling them to easily manage multiple OTT channels.
News categories: Axinom, Cinedigm, Ralph Wagner, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm adds support for FairPlay, Widevine and PlayReady protection
Apr 6, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that the company will support Apple FairPlay, Google Widevine, and Microsoft PlayReady content protection across its entire installed base of devices and applications.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Content Protection, OTT, USA
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
D-Link Showcases Advanced, Easy-to-Use Home Networking and Digital Home Solutions at CES 2008
Jan 6, 2008 – D-Link will be highlighting its end-to-end home networking and digital home solutions at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here this week, showcasing hot new products such as media players, Wi-Fi Internet photo frame, Green Ethernet switching, next-generation dual band routers, and the latest storage and security devices.
News categories: D-Link, CES2020, Gateway, Media Player, OTT, Smart Home
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats