Digital TV News: CRTC
Canada's CRTC releases Communications Monitoring Report
Nov 8, 2017 – Canadians are increasingly turning to platforms and devices connected to the Internet for their video and audio content, according to the CRTC. Canadians aged 18-34 years old are leading the trend with 23% watching TV exclusively online.
News categories: CRTC, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Distributel acquires Canadian IPTV provider Zazeen
Nov 2, 2017 – Distributel Communications has announced that it has received CRTC approval to acquire 100% of Zazeen. Distributel was Canada's first major independent ISP to offer television services, which are now available across Ontario and Quebec.
News categories: Distributel, Zazeen, Matt Stein, Sandro Henriques, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Rogers TV subscribers down 13,000 in 4Q 2016
Jan 26, 2017 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016. Cable revenue increased marginally as internet revenue growth exceeded the decline in Television and Phone revenue.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, IPTV, Results, Smart Home, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
The CRTC wants Canadians to take back control of their TV services
Nov 21, 2016 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has set out best practices for TV service providers to ensure Canadians are offered real choice regarding their services and have information about their options.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Canada, Digital TV, Regulation
CRTC releases report on the broadcasting sector in Canada
Oct 25, 2016 – Canada's CRTC has released a report that shows how the viewing and listening habits of Canadians are transforming the broadcasting industry. Canadians are consuming more audio and video content on digital media and over devices connected to the Internet.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV subscriptions continue to decline in Canada
Jul 12, 2016 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has released statistical and financial information on Canadian cable, IPTV and satellite companies for the year ending on August 31, 2015.
News categories: CRTC, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Young Canadians embrace streaming, abandon live TV
Mar 16, 2016 – The way in which Canadians are watching television is changing, with Millennials leading the way in the adoption of streamed content, a new Canada-wide Insights West poll has found.
News categories: Insights West, Mario Canseco, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
TV packaging rules come into force in Canada
Mar 1, 2016 – Canadians can now subscribe to an affordable basic television package that costs no more than $25 per month. They will also have the option of supplementing this package with additional channels, either individually or in bundles of up to 10 channels.
News categories: CRTC, Jean Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand