Digital TV News: CSMBC
CBC Targets 10 Million CMMB Users in 2010
Jan 29, 2010 – China Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) [formerly CSMBC] has announced that its goal is to attract 10 million users in 2010, with a target of 100 million mobile TV subscribers over the next five years.
News categories: China Broadcasting Corp, China, Mobile, Subscribers
CMMB simulcrypt to be completed by year-end
Nov 18, 2009 – The addition of conditional access from China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) to the CMMB mobile TV service from China Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) [formerly CSMBC] is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CSMBC, China, Conditional Access, Mobile
Vimicro Announces Strategic Development Agreement with CSMBC for CMMB Mobile TV
Nov 9, 2009 – Vimicro (Nasdaq: VIMC) has announced a strategic development partnership with China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC) to advance the development of mobile TV under the China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Vimicro, CSMBC, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
CSMBC developing CMMB mobile TV browser
Sep 25, 2009 – SHANGHAI -- China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corp. (CSMBC), the national operator of China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) mobile TV, is developing a mobile browser specifically designed for CMMB mobile TV.
News categories: Access Co., China, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
Vimicro Signs Agreement with Leadcore for TD-SCDMA 3G Market
Aug 25, 2009 – Vimicro (Nasdaq: VIMC) and Leadcore (Shanghai: 600198) have agreed to cooperate on developing 3G mobile phone technologies for China Mobile. Vimicro will provide mobile multimedia technologies and solutions, including mobile TV technology.
News categories: Vimicro, Leadcore, China Mobile, 5G, China, Mobile, Semiconductor
SARFT and China Mobile to promote TD-SCDMA handsets with CMMB
May 8, 2009 – China's SARFT, through its China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC), has signed an agreement with China Mobile (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong:0941) to promote the development of TD-SCDMA handsets with integrated CMMB mobile TV reception.
News categories: SARFT, China Mobile, China, Digital TV, Mobile
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
CMMB mobile TV now in 150 cities in China
Jan 20, 2009 – CMMB mobile TV broadcasting is now available in 150 cities in China according to CMMB mobile TV operator China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corp. (CSMBC).
News categories: China, Digital TV, Mobile
China Hits 1.2M CMMB Users
Oct 29, 2008 – China had 1.2 million CMMB users in October, reports Sina quoting SARFT's China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC). CMMB users are expected to reach 10 million by the end of 2009 and 50 million in 2010, said CSMBC.
News categories: SARFT, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia