Digital TV News: Cable Congress
Cable Industry Revenues Reach €18 billion
Mar 18, 2009 – Revenues in the European cable industry jumped more than 7 per cent last year to €18bn amid sharply increased demand for digital television, internet broadband and telephony services according to figures presented at the annual Cable Congress.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TechnoTrend supplies set-top-box for the TOPP project of KDL
Oct 6, 2008 – TechnoTrend is supplying receivers for the TOPP project of KabelDienstLeistungsgesellschaft (KDL). TechnoTrend is the first supplier of set-top-boxes for this offer aimed at independent cable network operators with integrated networks.
News categories: TechnoTrend, KDL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
Motorola Ships One Millionth Digital Set-Top Box to ONO
Apr 24, 2008 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has celebrated shipping its one millionth digital cable set-top box (STB) to Spanish cable provider ONO.
News categories: Motorola, ONO, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Spain
European cable industry sees rapid growth in digital TV, telephony and broadband internet
Apr 23, 2008 – Details of 2007 industry revenues and customer volumes were announced at the annual Cable Congress. The number of Digital cable TV customers has more than doubled in the past two years to 13.9m (+40% in 2007 compared to 9.9m in 2006).
News categories: Cable Europe, Austria, Belgium, Broadband, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
European Cable Industry reports strong 2006 results, Exceptional growth for Digital Cable TV
Feb 6, 2007 – According to Cable Europe, the European Cable Communications Association, 2006 was a landmark year for cable in Europe, with double digit growth across all triple play product lines and exceptional growth for digital cable TV (+53%).
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Subscribers
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic