Digital TV News: Calix
Broadband access market reaches record level in 2015
Mar 2, 2016 – According to Dell’Oro Group, the worldwide Broadband Access market, which includes Cable, DSL, and PON, reached a record level and exceeded $12B in 2015, driven by PON. Looking at 2016, Cable Modem is predicted to make a comeback.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Alam Tamboli, Cable Modem, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Swedish Cable Operator Leverages Calix for Advanced Broadband Services
Mar 21, 2012 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Swedish service provider Köpings Kabel-TV AB (Köpings Kabel) is leveraging the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver advanced broadband services to its subscribers.
News categories: Calix, Köpings Kabel, Cygate, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Fibre, Sweden
Residential gateway survey shows strong support for IPTV
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has conducted a survey of telcos in N. America, EMEA, and CALA. The resulting report captures the service providers' strategies for residential gateways, and their top picks for vendors, services, technologies, and features.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
Calix Selected by Tbaytel for Microsoft Mediaroom Powered IPTV Services Launch
Mar 7, 2011 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Tbaytel has selected the Calix B6 Ethernet Service Access Node (ESAN) for its launch of advanced Microsoft Mediaroom (NASDAQ: MSFT) powered IPTV services in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
News categories: Calix, Tbaytel, Microsoft, John Colvin, Don Campbell, Broadband, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Calix E7 Selected by Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative for Regional GPON Initiative
Dec 6, 2010 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative (PRTC) of Walterboro, SC will use GPON technology to deliver advanced services including IPTV, broadband at speeds up to one gigabit per second (Gbps), and VoIP services.
News categories: Calix, Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative, John Colvin, Tony Stout, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
TSTT and Calix Team to Bring Advanced IPTV Services to Trinidad and Tobago
May 25, 2010 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) is using Calix and partners to deliver Blink Entertainment, the twin island republic's most advanced IPTV service.
News categories: Calix, TSTT, Content Distribution, IPTV, Trinidad and Tobago
South Slope Communications Coop Moves Forward with Calix for Fiber Access Project
Apr 26, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Iowa ILEC South Slope Cooperative Communications has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver IPTV, symmetrical data services, and VoIP to its service area.
News categories: Calix, South Slope Coop, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
Northeast Louisiana Telephone Company moves forward with Calix Active Ethernet solutions
Apr 20, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Northeast Louisiana Telephone Company has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver IPTV services, data up to 1 Gbps, and VoIP services in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana.
News categories: Calix, Northeast Louisiana Telephone, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video