Digital TV News: Carlos Blanco
Latin America SVOD OTT subscribers reach 21 million in Q3 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – According to Dataxis, in Q3 2018 Latin America passed 21 million subscribers to a Video on Demand OTT (SVOD) service. During 2018, Netflix consolidated its dominant position in the Latin American SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Carlos Blanco, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
MaxLinear Announces Three Set-Top Box Design Wins for Brazil and Argentina Digital TV Markets
Aug 4, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that three leading set-top box (STB) manufacturers have started shipping the MxL135RF silicon tuner in STBs targeted at Brazil and Argentina.
News categories: MaxLinear, Skyworth, Argentina, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
IPTV to Gain 5.7% of Pay TV Subscribers by 2014 in Latin America
Jul 28, 2009 – Signals Telecom Consulting has confirmed the availability of the Second Edition of its 'IPTV Strategies in Latin America' report. The study reveals the high growth potential for Pay TV in the seven largest markets in Latin America.
News categories: Signals Telecom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela
Latin America's DTH Market to Surpass US$ 4.6 Billion by 2013; Telefonica and Telmex to Represent 27% of Revenues
May 22, 2008 – According to Signals Telecom Consulting, the bundling strategies put in place by telecommunications operators will increase DTH's share of the Latin American Pay TV market from 22% in 2007 to 33% by 2013.
News categories: Signals Telecom Consulting, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Satellite, Subscribers
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs